The recreational vehicle-friendly dump point project on Lowes Mount Road is now complete.
The site was chosen because it has a large turning point for larger vehicles and the area now includes a large garden bed with tourist information signs.
The signs include information and the location of the Oberon Military Museum, Oberon and District Museum, Oberon Tarana Heritage Railway and Skoda Museum.
Maps show the distance from Oberon to surrounding areas and provide information on The Tablelands Way that runs from Muswellbrook in the Upper Hunter to Canberra via Oberon.
The "Welcome to Oberon" sign includes information on the experiences and pleasures of Oberon and an assurance that the friendly community welcomes visitors.
The final sign includes a town map.
Visitors using the site will learn that the early pioneers knew Oberon as Bullock Flat and permanent settlement in the district began in 1839, but it was not until 1863 that the name was changed to Oberon and it was declared a village.