OBERON Council will run a series of community forums encouraging residents to offer their feedback on the new .
The sessions will be held in Oberon and surrounding villages to give as many people as possible the chance to have their says.
They will include opportunities for community members to contribute their ideas on what they want the future of Oberon to look like.
The following public meetings have been organised to engage with the community:
- Monday, May 21: Robert Hooper Community Centre, Oberon, 6pm.
- Wednesday, May 23: O’Connell Fire Shed, 1891 Mutton Falls Road, O’Connell, 6pm.
- Monday, May 28: Burraga Sport and Recreation Club, Lloyd Street, Burraga, 6pm.
- Wednesday, May 30: Black Springs Community Hall, Dog Rocks Road, Black Springs, 6pm.
Council has also held meetings with stakeholders from a range of community sectors including business, residential, sporting, seniors and youth groups.
These meetings were by invitation due to the short notice but other community members will have an opportunity to contribute to a new Community Strategic Plan later this year.
This initial workshop will:
- Review the strategies of the current Oberon Community Strategic Plan 2025.
- Consider the new Community Engagement Framework and Strategies.
- Provide input to the planning for future extensive community engagement for the development of a new “futures plan” for Oberon.
At Tuesday night’s council meeting a recommendation was carried to place the draft Oberon Community Strategy Plan and associated documents on public exhibition until June 12.
Included is the draft operational plan 2018-19 which forecasts total income of $18.5 million and a net operating surplus of $131,662 after continuing operations and capital expenditure.