Health authorities have identified 26 ACT residents as casual contacts of a man who tested positive for COVID-19 after working at a Goulburn construction site on Friday.
ACT Health Minister Rachel Stephen-Smith said ACT Health was getting in contact with all those people to ensure they were in isolation until they received a negative test result.
"But based on the information available, the Chief Health Officer is confident that this incident presents a low risk to the ACT," she said.
There are no changes to public health measures or restrictions in the ACT.
More than 1000 tests were conducted in the past 24 hours, a surge compared to recent days.
"I'm told, anecdotally, there was quite a lot of high-vis around the testing sites yesterday, [so there was] clearly a high level of awareness in the construction sector."
Canberra's health authorities have been on high alert since Tuesday when the man's positive test result was announced.
The painter, who lives in Sydney, had been deemed an essential worker, which allowed him to travel to the construction site at the new Goulburn Hospital.
NSW Health says the man was infectious at the site on Friday, July 9 and has been in isolation since Saturday, July 10.
Ms Stephen-Smith said 165 people who had been to COVID-19 hotspots were currently in quarantine in Canberra and a further 1400 people were subject to stay-at-home orders.
MORE COVID-19 NEWS:
Hungry Jack's at Marulan on the Hume Highway has also been added to NSW's list of exposure sites, however it is not linked to the Sydney painter.
Anyone who attended the restaurant on Saturday, July 10 between 5pm and 5.30pm is considered a casual contact and must get tested and isolate until they receive a negative result.
NSW has recorded 97 new cases of community transmission on Wednesday, 24 of which were infectious in the community.