TWO businesses are counting the cost after they sustained substantial damage in a fire last Wednesday evening, October 2.
A dryer caught fire at The Laundry Pad at about 9.30pm and Oberon Fire and Rescue attended, but stock sustained a lot of smoke damage.
Laundry Pad owner Vicki Walsh said she is operating with limited services now and her priority is commercial linen as "without tourism, we will be doing it tough".
"My staff have been fantastic and we hope to have everything back to normal as soon as possible," she said.
Anna Shaw said her neighbouring business Kringle Cottage received a lot of smoke damage.
She said her premises was described by firefighters as a blackout.
"I had to shut the doors for a few days and I've discounted a lot of items as they cannot be sold as new," she said.
IN OTHER NEWS AROUND OBERON:
In a separate incident, Oberon Fire and Rescue responded to a grass fire just up from Oberon High School on Saturday and contained the blaze before it got into adjoining structures.
Youths were seen fleeing the area. Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.