About the Company
Leading Australian engineering company that designs, manufactures and installs bespoke product offerings for stages and entertainment venues. HME Services provides innovative Stage Engineering designs for new stage constructions, fitouts and refurbishments for theatres, stadiums, arenas, studios, music halls, auditoriums, pubs, clubs etc. Products include stage lighting, stage drapes and curtains, audiovisual products (projection screens, speakers etc, projectors etc.) and lifting and hoisting solutions.
About the Role
Due to the growth of the business and a recent expansion, a new role has been created as a Manufacturing Manager. There is some new machinery coming in including a CNC and laser machine.
The primary role of the Manufacturing Manager is to manage the manufacturing team, organise their work to produce parts in time for the customers. There are very strict deadlines in place given that the business supplies to construction sites. The projects can range from very simple to very custom and complex, depending on the customer.
- Manage a team of 15 staff. The team includes a mix of skilled labour and trades (Production Supervisor, machinists, electricians etc.) as well as a team of seamstresses.
- Develop manufacturing project plans and keep them up to date as per the customer's requirements.
- Attend project planning meetings with other departments in the company.
- Understand manufacturing project scopes, contracts and time frames and plan the manufacturing department's work accordingly.
- Daily site activities including toolbox talks.
- Take an active "on tools" hands on approach to assist the team with daily activities where required.
- Review current product processes and drive continuous improvement projects where appropriate.
- Coach, mentor and develop team members.
- Empower team members, delegate where required, and provide regular feedback and accountability.
This role is based in Yagoona, NSW.
Skills and Experience
- Any experience working in a small to medium sized Engineering shop or custom Manufacturing facility with laser machines, spot welding, folding, general fabrication or assembly would be relevant for this role.
- Previous experience in a leadership role in a manufacturing facility, ideally of a team of 10-20 staff or more.
- Agile mindset, ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and ERP system (e.g. SAP, Pronto or some custom software)
- Resume Submission - only successful candidates will receive a call
- Phone Call w Recruiter
- Video Interview w Recruiter
- 1st Round Interview (Face to Face) w Operations Manager + HR Manager
- 2nd Round Interview (Face to Face) w Director
- Offer to start